The Taxi Medical ensures drivers meet the DVLA group 2 standard of medical fitness to drive.
Your local authority provides the medical questionnaire that we will fill out during your assessment with us.
Those that are being licensed from Newcastle City Council, North Tyneside Council, South Tyneside Council, Sunderland City Council, Durham County Council or Northumberland County Council can be assessed by one of our doctors. Those being licensed by Gateshead Council have to be assessed by their own GP.
We will need a copy of your medical records summary for our assessment. You can ask your GP surgery to print this off. Its not your full records that we need just an abbreviated summary. You can print off a request form by clicking here.
HGV/LGV and PCV licensing all require the driver to pass a D4 medical assessment.
A medical assessment is required at first licensing and then every 5 years from the age of 45-65 and then on an annual basis from the age of 65.
We provide the D4 forms so there is no need for you to bring one but you can print one off by clicking here.
What To Bring With You
Please bring the following with you on the day of your appointment
- 1. Taxi Licensing Application Form / D4 form
- 2. Photo ID (passport or drivers license)
- 3. Medical records summary (for taxi medicals)
- 4. Your driving glasses and prescription for your lenses
- 5. List of medications
- 6. Any hospital letters / names of your consultants
- 7. Urine sample (in a closed top container)
- 8. Payment (cash or card payments)
To see our full website dedicated to medicals please visit www.northeastmedicals.co.uk